Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It Goes By Way Too Fast

This week has been so busy. It's hard to believe that tomorrow is already Thursday! It certainly helps to have a 3 day weekend to make the week go by fast. I'm just reflecting on how fast life seems to go by.

Rebecca is in 6th grade. She is amazing. She is so busy this year. She's in honor choir, plays the violin, is NEHS secretary, on a tumbling team and yes is still being forced to take piano:). It seems like it was just yesterday that she was starting Kindergarten.

Allyse is turning into a cute young lady. She is loving her teacher this year in school and as always has a cute smile. She is also busy with honor choir, piano and on the tumbling team. She loves to have fun and relax.

Nathan started preschool a few weeks ago and loves it. We carpool with 3 other boys in the neighborhood. It's so fun to have a van full of boys! Their conversations are great: all about the wii, Star Wars, legos, you know the really important guy stuff.

David is liking his job. He works with some great people. He has such a love for learning new things on the computer and making it do cool stuff. Don't you love my interpertation of his job? I know when he tells about it it actually may make sense to some people. (He's wraping code up in jars and all kinds of other stuff).

I'm having fun keeping up with the kids. We had cousins over for memorial weekend. They all got along and had a great time. I've had fun crafting this last month looking for ideas for Super Saturday and making up a few of those.

It's weird to think how fast the time goes by. This summer went by really fast. When we first got to Philly and were walking around the city trying to find somewhere to eat breakfast the 1st day I wondered what we'd gotten ourselves into. We were able to do so many fun things. I really grew to love the East Coast. We met so many great people. I think about the East Coast everyday... for several obvious reasons. But now we're back in school and back to the grind stone. It's good to have a great place to call home though. We have wonderful family and friend around. Hopefully tomorrow in the midst of the rush to get ready for school or in the afternoon trying to get all of the homework done I'll be able to remember to enjoy all the craziness because it goes by too fast.

2 comments:

JMBurns said...

It's about time you updated your blog!!! I know I get to see and talk to you quite a bit, but I also enjoy reading about what's going on in your family!

The Fraughts said...

AND... adding to Jessie's comment, you need to add pictures. I don't get to see and talk to you or your family quite a bit, so it's fun for me to see pictures of you guys and how big the kids are getting. AND, I'm sure you took a ton of pictures of all the very cool places you got to go see, which I am still jealous of you!