David had already gotten his birthday present before his birthday rolled around but I still wanted to do something for him on his special day. I figure you only get one day a year that's all about you. Anyway, it's hard on us girls to think what can we do for a guy that is affordable (that means not electronic) that he'll still like. Flowers and candy are out. So this is what I came up with... it still might teeter on the edge of being an acceptable gift to a guy, but I think it turned out pretty great. I decided to make him an arrangement with strawberries. Let me tell you it was so fun. Even though they're not as forgiving as silk flowers it still turned out. So here's what I did in case you want to try it...
After I dipped the strawberries in Chocolate I sprinkled coconut or put on slivered almonds for variety. I put the strawberries on the ends of skewers for shish-ka-bobs and used kale for the greenery.
4 comments:
what a great idea! I've seen fruit bouquets for sale at stores, but even the cheapest one is like $40!
Very clever...and what hubby doesn't love chocolate-covered strawberries???
Kristin that is so stinking cute. I love it! Thanks for the idea..
That turned out so cute Kristin!
You know...my birthday was last month. :) Seriously, that looks amazing! You really have a talent for arrangements. You should definitely keep that in mind for other birthdays that fall at the first of the year!
Post a Comment